Most Important Publications
1. Boyarskiy, V. P.; Bokach, N. A.; Luzyanin, K. V.;
Kukushkin, V. Yu. Metal-mediated and metal-catalyzed reactions of isocyanides, Chem. Rev. 2015, 115, 2698–2779.
2. Luzyanin, K. V.; Marianov, A. N.; Kislitsyn, P. G.;
Ananikov, V. P. Substrate-selective C-H functionalization for the preparation of organosulfur compounds from crude oil-derived components, ACS Omega, 2017, 2, 1419–1423.
3. Zhang, W.; Gan, S.; Vezzoli, A.; Davidson, R. J.; Milan, D. C.; Luzyanin, K. V.; Higgins, S. J.; Nichols, R. J.; Beeby, A.; Low, P. J.; Li, B.; Niu, L. Single-molecule conductance of viologen cucurbituril host–guest complexes, ACS Nano, 2016, 10, 5212–5220. DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.6b00786
4. Timofeeva, S. A.; Kinzhalov, M. A.; Valishina, E. A.;
Luzyanin, K. V.; Boyarskiy V. P.; Buslaeva, T. M.; Haukka, M.; Kukushkin, V. Yu., Application of palladium complexes bearing acyclic amino(hydrazido)carbene ligands as catalysts for copper-free Sonogashira cross-coupling,
J. Catal., 2015, 329, 449-456. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcat.2015.06.001
5. Rocha, B. G. M.; Valishina, E. A.; Chay, R. S.;
Guedes da Silva, M. F. C.; Buslaeva, T. M.; Pombeiro, A. J. L.; Kukushkin, V. Yu.; Luzyanin, K. V. ADC-metal complexes as effective catalysts for hydrosilylation of alkynes,
J. Catal., 2014, 309, 79-86. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcat.2013.09.003
6. Silva, T. F. S.; Luzyanin, K. V.; Kirillova, M. V.;
Guedes da Silva, M. F. C.; Martins, L. M. D. R.; Pombeiro, A. J. L. Novel scorpionate and pyrazole dioxovanadium complexes, catalysts for carboxylation and peroxidative oxidation of alkanes, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2010, 352, 171-187. DOI: 10.1002/adsc.200900660
7. Luzyanin, K. V.; Tshovrebov, A. G.; Guedes da Silva, M. F. C.; Haukka, M.; Pombeiro, A. J. L.; Kukushkin, V. Yu. Metal-mediated [2 + 3] cycloaddition of nitrones to palladium-bound isonitriles, Chem.–Eur. J., 2009, 15, 5969-5978.
8. Kopylovich, M. N.; Kukushkin, V. Yu.; Haukka, M.; Luzyanin, K. V.; Pombeiro, A. J. L. An efficient synthesis of phthalocyanines based on an unprecedented double-addition of oximes to phthalonitriles, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2004, 126, 15040-15041.
Konstantin Luzyanin was born in 1980 in Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation. He studied Chemistry at Saint Petersburg State University, graduating with distinction in 2002.
Konstantin received his Ph.D. in chemistry from Technical University of Lisbon (under joint supervision by Profs. A.J.L. Pombeiro and V.Yu. Kukushkin) in 2007. For his Ph.D. thesis, Konstantin was awarded the “António Xavier Prize 2008” from Bruker for applications of the selected NMR spectroscopy techniques in chemistry, and for published works, the Honorous Mention (in Chemistry) - Junior Researcher Prize by Technical University of Lisbon / Deloitte in 2009 and 2010.
After postdoctoral studies in organometallic chemistry with Prof. A.J.L. Pombeiro (Instituto Superior Técnico, Technical University of Lisbon), Konstantin got a position as the Senior Research Associate (Ciência-2008 program) at the Centro de Química Estrutural – a research center at the TU Lisbon. In addition, he served as the Manager of IST-UTL Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Center of the Portuguese NMR Network in 2009–2012. During 2012–2013, Konstantin worked as Analytical Services Manager at the School of Physical Sciences, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom. In 2013, he was invited to join the group of Cluster Catalysis (Saint Petersburg State University) as a Deputy Head and a Leading Scientist. In 2015, Konstantin re-joined University of Liverpool as a Scientific Coordinator of the Analytical Services in Department of Chemistry.
Konstantin´s current research interests include synthetic transition metals chemistry, in particular of platinum group elements, and development of new methodologies for sustainable/green catalytic processes. He is a co-author of ca. 70 publications (60 papers in international peer-reviewed journals, 4 book chapters, and 5 patents), and more than 50 papers in conference proceedings. In the course of last years, he co-supervised several research assistants, M.Sc. and Ph.D. students, and delivered several university courses.